Saturday 6 January 2018

Kimono Raincoat

The red kimono I'm wearing in the happy new year picture is actually a kimono raincoat.  I didn't know such things existed until I was taken by our guide to a shop selling second hand kimono and many wonderful accessories.  I was looking at what I thought were just ordinary kimono when the shop assistant and our guide told me that they were raincoats!

I had not come across this idea before and as I loved the colour and design of the one I was looking at decided to try it on.  It fitted beautifully and was not very expensive so, to cut a long story short, I brought it home.

Then just before Christmas we had a lot of snow on Clee Hill and I had the idea of taking some photos in the snow wearing the red kimono raincoat.  My husband was behind the camera and we went out first of all on the day it was actually snowing.  Conditions were quite arctic, but it was fun being out in the snow.  I found that the kimono raincoat did actually keep me dry!

The next day the sun came out and we went out again to take some more pictures in the snow and sunshine.  It's one of those that we used for the happy new year picture.

So I hope this bit of fun brings some brightness to your day during the dark winter months!

Wishing you a joyful and playful year in 2018.

No comments:

Post a Comment